Debunking 10 Wildlife Removal Myths to Give You a Feral Free Home Have you ever had a wild invader in the house? Do you know some Wildlife Removal Myths that exist? If yes, you are not alone. Practically all of us have one or the other uninvited critter making their way into our properties. And […]
Do You Have Squirrels In Your Attic?
Attics are warm and dry and a perfect place for squirrels to get out of the wild to give birth to their young. It’s not the noise in your attic that should worry you, but the damage squirrels can make by chewing!
Most commonly in Smyrna, we find an adult female squirrel with babies in attics. Often, if you hear a scratching noise, this indicates a female squirrel is preparing to give birth. If you act quickly, you can circumvent this and hopefully minimize damage created in the attic by squirrels.
Besides squirrel infestations in your attic, you don’t want damage or odor coming from your attic! The noises from your attic are unnerving and a squirrel can cause potential fire hazards by chewing on your electrical wires. The biohazards of the urine and feces can also cause respiratory infections. Squirrel droppings can also carry parasites that are unhealthy for both your family and pets.
What Many People Don’t Know About Squirrel Infestations In Attics
If you leave remnants of squirrels in your attic, such as droppings, urine, nesting material, food, hair, etc., these things can attract insects like roaches. Most importantly, the scent left behind often attract new squirrels to chew or break their way into your home once again. Mold can also grow on the areas in your attic with feces and urine and potentially cause respiratory infections and diseases that are easily spreadable.
Common Problems Caused By Squirrels In Attics
Since squirrels are rodents that have front teeth that continue to grow, they constantly chew to keep their teeth sharp and manageable. Some of the most common squirrel problems in attics we’ve seen are:
- Chewing into attics and setting up nests
- Fires or fire risks from chewed electrical wiring and electrical fixtures in attic which case sparks (fire hazards) or destruction of other electronics
- Destroyed insulation (by pushing it down), which will reduce your R-factor
- Strong odor of fecal matter and urine collected in attic insulation
- Dead squirrels in attic, with bad odor problems;
- Drywall damage caused by squirrels digging holes in ceiling
- Chewed on support beams, HVAC duct lines, pipes and roof braces
Squirrels leave urine and feces in attics, and carry parasites, making them carriers for the diseases that fleas, ticks, and more can transmit and spread. They leave lots of droppings, which can expose you to health risks such as leptospirosis or salmonella.
Common Squirrel Removal Tasks in Smyrna:
- Home Inspections to Find Entry Hole(s)
- Remove Babies by Hand and Set Up Traps
- Seal Shut Entry Holes after Removal
- Clean & Sanitize the Attic – Remove Feces, Nesting Material, Food, Hair, Etc. & Spray with Enzyme Cleaner
- Remove Solid Insulation & Replace With New Insulation Damage
If you hear scurrying or scratching in your attic, call your Bellevue squirrel removal specialists as soon as possible. Our team is licensed and trained and will provide professional services with exemplary customer service.
Remove Squirrels From Your Attics In Smyrna, TN
Call our wildlife removal specialists for raccoon removal, bat removal, squirrel removal, skunk removal, bird removal, snake removal & more in the Smyrna, TN area.
We help removing squirrels from the attics in all the following areas: